Our firm is always looking for talented people. If you'd like to send us your qualifications, please fill out this form.
Current Open Positions
Tax Professional / CPA Firm (Immediate Opening)
Why work here
You will build a future working directly with small to medium size businesses and individuals in a vibrant, outdoor oriented town in Southern VT. Enjoy its exceptional quality of life only hours from Hartford, Boston, and NYC with truly great schools and a strong community. Feel at home surrounded by tranquil landscapes and a deep tradition of self-reliance.
About Joseph A. Wagner, CPA, PLLC
We are a full-service CPA firm providing dynamic support for both businesses and individuals for over 30 years. Our objective is to help our clients achieve their financial and strategic goals. Whether we are providing bookkeeping services, developing internal accounting systems, assisting in tax planning and preparation, or consulting on special projects, we are committed to our clients’ success.
- Develop a clear understanding of our client’s needs
- Provide high quality service targeted to those needs
- Create value through proper planning, hard work, and creative solutions
- Build trust through exceptional service
Our growing CPA firm seeks a key team member for our tax and consulting practice. We are a small dedicated group creating a meaningful impact on the businesses and individuals we serve. It is a highly collaborative and professional environment with plenty of room for personal growth.
This is a perfect opportunity for an independent self-starter experienced in public accounting and looking for near-term partnership potential.
- Preparation of Partnership, C Corp and S Corp returns, Trust and Gift Tax returns
- Preparation of Individual tax returns for varied levels of clients
- Preparation of tax projections and lead in tax planning engagements for individuals and businesses
- Preparation of sales, excise, and payroll taxes
- Financial analysis of client business operations
- Research of more complex accounting and tax issues as required
- Consultation with clients regarding tax issues
- Communication with taxing authorities on behalf of clients
- Recognition of client problem areas and assistance with formulating and implementing creative solutions
- Supervision of tax work produced by lower level staff and collaboration with principal
- Supervision and review of tax and consulting projects
- Development and improvement of firm’s formal workflow and internal processes
- 5+ years of tax and accounting experience in public practice
- CPA (preferred) or actively seeking certification, EA and/or Masters in taxation
- Excellent team skills, positive attitude, and high ethical standards
- Top-notch communication and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Commitment to quality and timely completion of work
- Ability to balance the technical requirements of a project against the practical limitations of a small business environment
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as various tax and accounting software including QuickBooks and Lacerte Tax
- Proficient in paperless environment
- Ability to work closely with clients
- If you have an existing client following, we are open to discussing compatible integration for mutual long-term benefit
- Experience working with Office Tools (practice management software)
For confidential consideration, please filling out the form below and attach your resume.